IRCTC travel insurance of 35 paise can cover upto INR 10 Lakh
Until 1st September 2018, free travel insurance was provided on all passages booked by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation or officially IRCTC, e-ticket. Now it charges a nominal RS 0.35 for each person and this is optional. This means that it is up to you to decide whether you want to insure your travels. Whether it’s free or paid, many of us don’t care about travel insurance. You need to be aware of insuring your journey, as it can be very important in some crucial situations. We recommend that you take out this insurance as it is very beneficial. In fact, there are countless benefits if you choose it.
How to Obtain in the IRCTC Travel Insurance?
It is very easy to get insured your trip. All you have to do is accept the terms and conditions of the insurance. You will be charged additional 0.35 rs per person. As soon as you book your ticket you will receive an email with all the necessary information including a link to fill in the passenger details.
I am discussing some of the many benefits of train travel insurance
- The main and important benefit is that travel insurance gives you coverage up to Rs 10 lakh in case of train accident (death or permanent disability).
- If someone seriously injured or got disabled permanently in a train accident, it will get an insurance cover of INR 7.5 Lakh. In addition to the hospital cost INR 2 lakhs.
- The insurance also applies to loot, robbery and accident.
Who is eligible for IRCTC Train Travel Insurance?
- Any passenger is eligible for train travel insurance (optional) by booking his train e-ticket through IRCTC official website or app, which is available for only INR 0.35 (35 paisa).
- Children under the age of 5 cannot apply for this travel insurance.
- This travel insurance coverage is only available to Indian citizens, non-Indian travelers will not get this benefit.
IRCTC insurance money claim process:
In the event of a train accident or mishap, affected passengers can claim money from the IRCTC website. IRCTC has agreements with many major travel insurance companies in the country for compensation such as, SBI General Insurance, Shriram General Insurance Company, ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company, Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company and many more. You can contact any of these when submitting a claim according to the insurance mail you get.